Wander Franco is the top prospect in the Tampa Bay Rays organization and has more talent at the age of 18 than Vlad Jr. had in his little toe. When he signed in 2017 he was rated as the top international prospect (Dominican Republic) at the time.
Scouting grades: Hit: 70 | Power: 55 | Run: 60 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 65
UPDATE! As of 7/6/2019, Mr. Franco is ranked by MLB as the game’s number one prospect! Buy a few of his rookie cards and thank us in 20 years! 🙂
Franco has been ranked by MLB.com as the top prospect in the Rays organization for the past two years (2018 and 2019). When he was signed in 2017, Franco immediately became Ray’s eighth-ranked prospect. It is understandable that his cards are a hot commodity right now.
Franco is being looked at as the next best international prospect in the league and could join the likes of Juan Soto (Washington Nationals) and Ronald Acuna, Jr. (Atlanta Braves) as the next international prospect to make his Major League debut as a teenager.
Here are the top Wander Franco rookie cards for investment purposes…
2019 Wander Franco Bowman Chrome Rookie Card #WF (buy on eBay)
Bowman Chrome Baseball cards dive deeper into the game’s best prospects more so than any other trading card company.
The 2019 Wander Franco Bowman Chrome RC will surely be looked at as his most popular and possibly most valuable (depending on the version) of all of his rookie cards.
Wander Franco is rounding the bases after what we are assuming was a monster home run in this Bowman Chrome card.
The 2019 Wander Franco Bowman Chrome rookie card a must-have for any collector looking for a great return with low risk.
2019 Wander Franco Bowman Sterling Prospect RC #WF (buy on eBay)
With the Wander Franco Bowman Sterling Prospects, you will get a nice high-end autograph card that should be around $1,000 (the Blue refractor auto will likely be above $1,000 but the Gold and Orange should be around $1,000… for now).
The card features Wander in mid-stance in what we can assume to be a home run ball… incoming!
The back of the card simply reads “CONGRATULATIONS, you have just received an autograph card of Wander Franco”.
This guy is a better prospect than Vlad Jr. (yea we went there).
2019 Wander Franco Bowan Megabox Refractor RC Auto /25 (buy on eBay)
Only 25 of each color parallels were made so good luck getting your hot little hand son one.
Numbered #WF the card features Wander casually tossing the ball back into the infield… not the best photo in the world but the card graphics make up for it… love the colors as well… the Orange and Gold are stunningly beautiful.
2019 Bowman Mega Box Chrome Baseball Insert Checklist CARD PARALLELS: Purple #/250 (1:63), Green #/99 (1:159), Gold #/50 (1:314), Orange #/25 (1:627), Black 1/1 (1:15,003).
2019 Wander Franco Panini Donruss Optic Rookie Card #RP-7 (buy on eBay)
Here is a Wander Franco RC that is extremely undervalued in our opinion… this Optic RC can be had at high grades for a ridiculously low amount of coin.
Numbered #RP-7 the card shows Wander at the plate, leg cocked, locked in, and ready to launch!… an extremely cool looking photo with the “Rated Prospect” graphic (which we love)… the only problem is the card won’t come around that often on auctions.
2019 Wander Franco Bowman’s Best #B19WF (buy on eBay)
The last card on our list is the Wander Franco Bowman’s Best rookie card… not the most popular rookie card but DAMN good looking… we won’t ever buy one but if you don’t it won’t negatively affect your ROI.
Numbered #B19WF the card shows Wander looking to nab a lazy fly ball out of the sky… cha ching cha ching.
Wander Franco Rookie Card Checklist
- 2018 Leaf Metal Draft National Pride Black #NP-WF1
- 2018 Panini Elite Extra Edition Autographs #67
- 2018 Leaf Trinity Auto Platinum
- 2018 Panini Elite Extra Edition Triple Materials Gold #TM-WF
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Draft #BDC93
- 2019 Wander Franco Bowman Chrome #WF
- 2019 Bowman Platinum Wal-Mart Top Prospects #TOP-9
- 2019 Panini Elite Extra Edition Prospect Materials Black #PM-WF
- 2019 Topps Pro Debut Gold #50
- 2019 Bowman Platinum Wal-Mart Prismatic Prodigies Purple Refractor #PPP-24
- 2019 Bowman Platinum Wal-Mart Platinum Presence #PP-7
- 2019 Bowman’s Best 1999 Franchise Favorites Atomic Refractor #99FF-WF
- 2019 Bowman’s Best Future Foundations Die Cuts Auto #FFA-WF
- 2019 Topps On Demand 1955 Bowman Online Exclusive [Base] #4
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Stat Tracker Atomic Refractor #ST-WF
- 2019 Bowman Platinum Wal-Mart Top Prospects Sky Blue Refractor
- 2019 Bowman 30th Anniversary Chrome Orange Refractor #B30-WF
- 2019 Bowman Sterling Rookie Card #BPR31
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Mega Box #100
- 2019 Topps Heritage Minor League Edition Boxloader 1970 Topps Super #SB-WF
- 2019 Topps Heritage Minor League Edition Fantastic Feats #FF-2
- 2019 Topps Heritage Minor League Edition 1970 Mint Relics #70MR-WF
- 2020 Panini Donruss Rated Prospects #RP-1
- 2019 Topps On Demand 1955 Bowman #4
- 2019 Topps Heritage Minor League Edition #190
- 2019 Panini Donruss Rated Prospect Material #RPM-WF
- 2020 Bowman Spanning The Globe Chrome Mega Box Mojo Refractor #STG-WF
- 2020 Bowman 1st Edition Sky Blue Foil #BFE-1
Wander Franco Rookie Card Value
Franco rookie cards (like many prospects) can range greatly in value.
Some Wander Franco cards can go for a few dollars while the 2019 Bowman Chrome Wander Franco Superfractor Autograph sold somewhere between $60,000 and $100,000 according to people close to the sale.
We wouldn’t go cheap on Wander cards but wouldn’t pay thousands either.
Investing in a few Wander Franco Bowman Chrome refractors or autos would be a smart play.
Have you purchased any high-value Franco rookie cards? Post in the comment section!
If you have any Wander Franco RC and would an estimated value please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (include a few photos).
If you are open the brink of buying a Franco rookie card but want a second opinion DM us on the Gold Card Auctions Facebook Page and we will provide guidance (avoid buyers remorse!).
It is being reported that Wander is a better prospect than Vlad Jr. (and maybe Luis Robert?) was at the same age and had more power.
Not only does Wander have power but he should also hit for a fairly high average (think .300 or higher)… we could see many years with a plus .300 average and 30 jacks or more… yummy.
That being said now is the time to start hoarding Wander Franco rookie cards as it is very likely they will only increase in value in the run-up to his MLB debut (which is expected to be sometime in the Summer of 2020).
Investment Rating: STRONG BUY (4.4)
Best Wander Franco Rookie Card: 2019 Bowman Chrome
Ownership Disclosure: 5x 2019 Bowman Chrome PSA 10