The New England Patriots drafted Rob “Gronk” Gronkowski in the 2nd Round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Rob Gronkowski Rookie Year Stats: 16 games | 546 yards receiving | 10 TDs | 42 receptions.
A three-time Super Bowl champion selected in the NFL 2010’s All-Decade Team and 100th Anniversary All-Time Team, Gronk is undoubtedly one of the most popular players in the sport.
Best Rob Gronkowski Rookie Cards
Here’s a rundown of his best rookie cards, with a checklist, additional info, and an investment outlook looking over the next few years.
2010 Rob Gronkowski Topps Chrome Rookie Card #C112
The 2010 Topps Chrome is Gronk’s most popular rookie card overall, featuring an RC logo and a robust design. There’s a signed version and a number of Refractor parallels. A PSA 10 graded copy recently went for $84.00 at auction, with 35 bids. The reverse notes;
“Rob left the U. of Arizona as the most productive tight end in school history despite playing only two full seasons. A First Team All-Pac 10 choice in 2008, he’s as enthusiastic in run blocking as he is as a target in the passing game. With the ball in his hands, Gronkowski is as old-school as it gets, looking to run over – not around – the nearest defender”.
The 2010 Rob Gronkowski Topps Chrome Rookie Card comes in a variety of refractor parallels:
Refractor (1:3 packs) X-Fractor (1:3 packs, retail only) Purple (numbered to 599, retail only) Orange (three-per Wal-Mart exclusive Value Pack) Blue (numbered to 199) Gold (numbered to 50) Red (numbered to 25, Hobby only) SuperFractor (one-of-one, Hobby only) Printing Plates (four-for-each, Hobby only)
2010 Rob Gronkowski SPx Auto Jersey RC /375 #121
As the name implies, this is a premium rookie patch with an on-card autograph. The landscape design sees the patch take pride of place in the middle, with an image of Gronk on the left.
Top-Rated Investment: Best Randy Moss Rookie Cards
There are 375 copies out there so it’s not the rarest option, but it’s still an attractive card for collectors. It took $88.00 and 40 bids to win a copy at auction in March 2020. There’s no quote on the back, but you will find a guarantee for both the patch and the signature.
2010 Rob Gronkowski Topps Triple Threads Auto Jersey RC #113
This card has everything. There’s an on-card signature, a large patch, a premium feel, an RC logo, and two numbered versions. A copy sold for $82.00 in March 2020. Fittingly, the reverse has a triple take;
“(1) Despite missing 2009, set U. of Arizona tight end career records for catches, yards receiving and TDs, (2) Big target with great hands, quickness of the ball and downward speed, (3) Father (Gordon) was three-year OL starter at Syracuse.”
Autograph Football Cards
- 2010 Rob Gronkowski Topps Platinum 1/1 Superfractor RC Auto
- 2010 Rob Gronkowski Topps Magic Rare Short Print Rookie Autograph
- 2010 Topps Chrome Rare Auto Patriots Relic Patch SP /25 #C112
- 2010 National Treasures Rob Gronkowski AUTO JSY Patch RC /99 #329
- 2010 Panini Crown Royale Green Die-Cut #230
- 2010 Topps Rob Gronkowski Rookie Red Ink Auto #RPARG
- 2010 Playoff Contenders Rob Gronkowski Rookie Ticket Autograph #229A
- 2018 Panini Flawless Gronk Dual Patch Autograph Auto Patriots #DPA-RG
- 2010 Absolute Memorabilia #227 Auto Relic #/299
- 2010 Adrenalyn XL #233
- 2010 Bowman Sterling #BSRRG Jersey
- 2010 Classics #182 #/999
- 2010 Certified #299 Auto Jersey #/699
- 2010 Contenders #229 Autograph (PR=499)
- 2010 Crown Royale #230 Autograph #/499
- 2010 Donruss Elite #103 #/999
- 2010 Epix #232 Autograph #/300
- 2010 Gridiron Gear #265 Auto Jersey #/164
- 2010 Limited #215 Auto Jersey #/199
- 2010 National Treasures #329 Auto Patch #/99
- 2010 Panini Threads #193 Autograph #/500
- 2010 Panini Stickers #64
- 2010 Plates and Patches #229 Auto Jersey #/699
- 2010 Prestige #283 2010 Score #383
- 2010 Rookies & Stars #293 Autograph #/71
- 2010 Topps #148 2010 Topps Attax #192
- 2010 Topps Chrome #C112
- 2010 Topps Finest #42
- 2010 Topps Five Star #161 Auto Patch #/90
- 2010 Topps Magic #26
- 2010 Topps Platinum #122
- 2010 Topps Prime #42 #/999
- 2010 Topps Prime Retail #42
- 2010 Topps Supreme #46 #/209
- 2010 Topps Tribute #23
- 2010 Topps Triple Threads #113 Auto Jersey #/99 (2 versions)
- 2010 Topps Unrivaled #112
Rob Gronkowski Rookie Card Value
Being one of the best Tight Ends to play the game, we fully expect Gronk’s rookie cards to rise over time.
“The most expensive Rob Gronkowski Rookie Card is the 2010 National Treasures while the most popular found on eBay auctions is the 2010 Topps Chrome”
For an estimated value of any of your Gronk rookie cards, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (include at minimum two pictures… thank you!).
We’ve pored through recent auction data to bring you a list with some of the most popular Gronkowski college cards right now.
- 2010 Exquisite Collection #131 Auto Patch #/120
- 2010 Press Pass Autographs #PPS-RG
- 2010 Sage Autographs #23 2010
- 2010 Sage Hit Autographs #A84
- 2010 SP Authentic #128 Auto Jersey #/499
- 2010 SPx #121 Auto Jersey #/375
- 2010 UD Sweet Spot #82
Investment Rating: Buy (3.7 out of 5)
Ownership Disclosure: None
Best Rob Gronkowski Rookie Card: The 2010 Topps Chrome Rookie Card will be the best Gronk rookie card for long-term investors looking for top ROI.
Gronk called it a day in 2009 after nine seasons in the NFL, at the tender age of 29. He pointed to the pain and the numerous injuries he had suffered over the years, and it’s fair if he wants to prioritize his health above all else.
Must Read: Best Football Rookie Cards of All-Time
He’s been mixing it in the WWE in recent months as the latest celebrity to pick up their 24/7 title following an appearance at Wrestlemania 36. It’s likely to lead to another run in the public eye, while he could gain even more fans interested in buying his rookie cards.
“If you think the BUCS are going to win the superbowl in 2021 you will want to buy some Rob Gronkowski rookie cards today”
(Fox signed a deal to broadcast WWE recently, hoping their famous analyst will get more eyes on the product.) The point is that Gronk is still relatively young, always in the media, and people like him.
With so many rookie card options, it will always be a slightly diluted market, even at the premium end. Some cards are pricier, but most Gronkowski RCs are a safe bet and a good mid-term investment.