This was the same draft that saw Mat Sundin go first overall to the Quebec Nordiques (what a great name, they don’t make them like that anymore).
Bure played a total of 12 years in the NHL, racking up 437 goals and 343 assists for a total of 779 total points.
Pavel Bure Rookie Year Stats: 65 games | 34 goals | 26 assists | plus-minus 0
He was a goal-scoring machine in his early days having back-to-back 60 goal seasons in 1992 and 93.
Best Pavel Bure Rookie Cards
OK enough about the good old days and let’s bring on the best Pavel Bure rookie cards for your investment portfolio.
1990 Pavel Bure Upper Deck Young Guns RC #526
Here is the first time we were introduced to the Upper Deck “Young Guns” cards (Bure and Federov were the first two).
The Young Guns cards were not immediately popular with collectors but I remember getting this card back in the day and being the happiest kid in school for a solid week.
The card is numbered #526 and features Bure in a CCCP uniform with a medal around his neck.
GOLD CARD TIP: The Young Guns rookie cards from the early 1990s’ are some of the top investments in the hobby and should age very well in terms of ROI
The reverse of the card reads “The Soviet Union’s Top Forward, Bure, played his first games for the Central Red Army in the Soviet Union League 87′-88′ at the age of just 16. He played regularly for the Red Army in 88′-89′ and was named top rookie in the Soviet League. He leads the Soviet National Junior Team to a gold medal in the 1989 World Junior Championship in Alsaka, and was selected to the tournament’s, 2nd All-Star team“.
If your looking to buy the best Bure rookie card in terms of potential ROI the 1990 Young Guns is your bird.
1991 Pavel Bure Upper Deck RC #54
Collecting cards in the ’90s doesn’t get much better than Bure on rollerblades in this 1991 Upper Deck rookie card.
It’s super corny but that’s why we love it (what kid didn’t want to be Bure in this photo back in the day).
The card is numbered #54 and the reverse reads “A veteran of the Soviet National Junior Team, Bure scored 27 goals in three IHF Junior Championships“.
This card is a must just for old time’s sake.
Pavel Bure Rookie Card Value
The most expensive Bure rookie card is the UD Young Guns #526 the corniest hockey card of all time may be the 1991 Bure Upper Deck card with him sporting some fancy rollerblades… facepalm.
The value of Bure rookie cards should be slightly above flat for the foreseeable future.
If you would like an estimated value of any Pavel Bure cards in your collection please email us at a minimum of two photos to email@example.com.
Pavel Bure Rookie Card Checklist
- 1990 Upper Deck French Young Guns Pavel Bure RC #526
- 1990 Upper Deck Young Guns Pavel Bure RC #526
- 1991 SWEDISH SEMIC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STICKERS PAVEL BURE MILKY WAY BACK
- 1991 Upper Deck French Pavel Bure RC #54
- 1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier Pavel Bure RC #67
- 1991 Pro Set Platinum Pavel Bure RC #272
- 1991 STADIUM CLUB MEMBERS ONLY PAVEL BURE COPS CALDER
- 1991 SCORE ROOKIE/TRADED PAVEL BURE RC #49T
- 1991 UPPER DECK VALERY & PAVEL BURE BLOODLINES #647
- 1991 SWEDISH SEMIC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STICKERS PAVEL BURE MILKY WAY BACK RC #89
- 1992 ULTRA AWARD WINNERS PAVEL BURE RC
- 1992 O-PEE-CHEE PREMIER STAR PERFORMERS PAVEL BURE RC #10
- 1992 Topps Pavel Bure RC #353
- 1992 ULTRA AWARD WINNERS PAVEL BURE RC #9
- 1992 TOPPS GOLD PAVEL BURE RC #353
- 1992 TOPPS GOLD PAVEL BURE RC #8
- 1992 CLASSIC PAVEL & VALERI BURE GOLD
- 1992 PARKHURST PAVEL BURE RC #234
- 1992 PINNACLE TEAM PINNACLE K.STEVENS/P.BURE RC #4
- 1992 PRO-SET PAVEL BURE RC #192
- 1992 PRO-SET AWARD WINNERS PAVEL BURE #CC3
- 1992 STADIUM CLUB PAVEL BURE MEMBER’S CHOICE RC #246
- 1992 ULTRA AWARD WINNERS PAVEL BURE RC #9
Pavel Bure Rookie Card: Buyers Rating and Investment Outlook
Unless you’re looking to pick up a little bit of nostalgist it’s best to let a sleeping dog lie (we must admit however were guilty of picking up the Pavel Bure roller blade card… we couldn’t resist!)
What is Jeremy Roenick rookie card worth?
The Jeremy Roenick 1990 OPC O-Pee-Chee Premier rookie card #100 will cost around $300 at a PSA 10 grade. Other Roenick rookie cards will cost much less. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for card estimated values.
Did Pavel Bure win Rookie of the Year?
Pavel Bure won rookie of the year in the 1992-93 NHL season. The same season he also played his first NHL playoff game.
What hockey cards are worth the most money?
The Wayne Gretzky O-Pee-Chee rookie card, Sidney Crosby Ther Cup Rookie Card, Bobby Orr 1966 Topps, and the 1951 Gordie Howe Parkhurst are three of the most expensive hockey cards.
Why did Pavel wear 96?
Pavel Bure wore number 96 to symbolize the date of his arrival to Vancouver.