This post may contain eBay affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Atlanta Falcons drafted Julio Jones (2/8/1989) out of the University of Alabama with the 6th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Jones stands 6’3′, weighs 220 lbs, and can be found on Twitter at @juliojones_11.
SHOP JULIO JONES ROOKIE CARDS ON EBAY
Julio Jones Rookie Year Stats: 13 games | 8 TDs | 959 receiving yards | 54 receptions
Mr. Jones quickly adapted to the NFL, having 8 touchdown receptions in his first year and then had a jaw-dropping 10 touchdown receptions to go along with 1198 receiving yards in his sophomore year (2012)… needless to say, this kid belonged.
Julio Jones had 4 receptions for 87 yards in a crushing loss to the New England Patriots in the 2017 Super Bowl (the Falcons were up by 25 points in the 3rd quarter and could have run the ball on every play and won the game).
If not for that loss, we estimate Julio Jones’s rookie cards would have an added value of 20 to 30%… yes a Super Bowl ring means that much.
Let’s look at the top 3 Julio Jones RCs for your investment dollar… if you have any questions or concerns about this list, email us at email@example.com.
2011 Julio Jones Topps Chrome RC #131
The 2011 Topps Chrome Julio Jones rookie card is a thing of beauty (in particular, the Black Refractor blends perfectly with the Falcon’s home jersey).
Numbered #131, the card shows Jones looking the ball into his hands as the great wide receiver he is. The Atlanta Falcons Logo is placed in the bottom right corner, while his name is centered towards the bottom of the card.
Must Have WR Investments
Jerry Rice Rookie Cards
Randy Moss Rookie Cards’
The Topps Chrome rookie card logo is plastered in the top left corner… a great-looking card and our favorite of all his RCs.
2011 Julio Jones National Treasures RPA RC /49 #323
The 2011 Nationa Treasurer Julio Jones RPA RC is intended for investors with DEEP pocketbooks as the card will cost well over 4 digits and maybe in 5 at Pristine grades.
Numbered #323, the card shows Julio casually jogging up the field in what appears to be pregame workouts. The Patch is placed on the right side of the card, and it’s a lovely size patch… below the patch is the Julio Jones auto.
2011 Julio Jones Topps RC #350
The final card on our list is the base 2011 Julio Jones Topps rookie card. This card is almost identical to the 2011 Julio Jones Topps Chrome RC in every way besides the price tag.
Numbered #350, the card had a white border, and the Topps RC logo is in the top right corner… excellent investment for investors with smaller bankrolls, even at higher grades (read PSA vs. BGS vs. SGC to learn which grading company is best for you).
- 2011 Topps RC #350
- 2011 Topps Chrome RC #350
- 2011 National Treasures RPA RC /49 #323
- 2011 Panini Crown Royale RC #2
- 2011 SP Authentic Gold Autograph RC #100
- 2011 Playoff Contenders Playoff Ticket #221
- 2011 SP Authentic JULIO JONES JERSEY #11/35 Rookie Future Watch Auto
- 2011 Panini Rated Rookie Julio Jones RC Auto #/10
- 2011 Triple Threads Julio Jones Triple Patch Auto /18
- 2011 Prestige Julio Jones RC NFL Passport Auto /25
- 2011 Topps Chrome Julio Jones Mark Ingram Dual Rc Auto
- 2011 National Treasures JULIO JONES Rookie Logos Reebok Patch Autograph
- 2011 Finest Mark Ingram Julio Jones Dareus 3 Clr Patch Auto Superfractor #1/1
- 2011 Julio Jones RC Crown Royale /299
- 2011 Topps JUMBO 2C Jersey Patch Auto RC Autograph /5
- 2011 Panini Contenders Variation RC Auto SP /250
- 2011 Topps Precision 8 Autographs Cam Newton Julio Jones Andy Dalton 1/5 PCEA-3
- 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Autograph Variation SP #131
- 11 2011 Topps Platinum JUMBO 3C Jersey Patch Auto RC Autograph /5
- 2011 Donruss Elite RC #157
- 2011 Topps Platinum RC #7
The 2011 SP Authentic Julio Jones Gold Autograph RC #100, 2011 Julio Jones 1/1 TIMELESS Treasure NFL Shield Logo Patch RC, and the 2011 Julio Jones Topps Chrome Red Refractor rookie cards are three of the most expensive Julio Jones RCs sold to date.
If you have a Julio Jones rookie card and would like an estimated value, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (include 2 photos at minimum).
Buyers Guide & Investment Advice
- Investment Rating: Buy (3.7 out of 5)
- Ownership Disclosure: None
- Best Julio Jones Rookie Card: 2011 Topps Chrome RC Refractor #131
Few players in the league have had the longevity of Julio Jones. Every year he silently goes about his business and puts up some of the best-receiving numbers in the NFL… the only thing that has to kill him is that Super Bowl loss, as we doubt he ever makes a return to the big shows (with the Falcons anyways… maybe he can sign a one-year mercy contract with the Bucs).
Even without the SB ring, Julio Jones is still a great player and deserves a spot in your investment portfolio… he isn’t a must-have, but he is darn close.