Edgerrin James was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the 1999 NFL draft as a first-round, fourth overall pick.
The running back would go on to play in Indianapolis for 7 seasons, and then moved on to the Arizona Cardinals for 3 seasons, before rounding off his career with a season in Seattle with the Seahawks.
- Mike Trout Rookie Card – Value, Best Cards, Checklist, & Investment Outlook
- Top 5 Baseball Prospects Rookie Cards to Keep an Eye On: 2021
- How Much Should You Invest Annually In Sports Card
- 6 Best Sports Cards to Invest in 2021 (Easy Money)
- Zion Williamson Rookie Card – Top 15 Cards, Value, and Checklist
- Top 9 Most Valuable Luka Doncic Cards (All-Time Dream List)
He was selected for 4 Pro Bowls and led the NFL in rushing yards twice. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2020.
James made an immediate impact in his rookie season, starting all 16 games and producing a league-high 1,553 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns.
He also added an impressive 62 receptions for a further 586 yards and another 4 touchdowns… obviously he was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Best Edgerrin James Rookie Cards
Let’s take a look at some of the best Edgerrin James rookie cards for investment purposes.
1999 Edgerrin James SP Authentic RC #94 (buy on eBay)
The James version of this card features a classic SP Authentic design, with a gold and white crescent on the left which contains all the usual details, and James posing in full uniform on the right.
With just a limited print run of 1999, and now over 20 years old this card very rarely makes it to market in top condition.
When it does the brand name, rarity and nice looks can see it go for a lot of money.
1999 Edgerrin James E-X Century Essential Cred RC #69 (buy on eBay)
This E-X card that celebrates the turn of the millennium is a great looking piece of cardboard.
It features James running with the ball in Colts uniform and has a nice grey and blue theme to it and a unique style and layout that really works.
When this card shows up in top condition auctions can really take off, and it can fetch way into the triple figures on a bad day, and even more on a good day.
1999 Edgerrin James Playoff Contenders Autograph RC #154 (buy on eBay)
This was really towards the start of promising rookies being given a lot of autographed cards in their first season, hence why this is the only signed piece to make the list.
The rookie ticket has become very popular in recent years and always has a great look with the ticket to the left and the player to the right. The autograph as usual overlaps James’ legs.
The boom in popularity of this set means that you will now have to pay a big fee to get your hands on any version, and that is especially true for the James version.
Edgerrin James Rookie Card Value
The most expensive Edgerrin James rookie card is the 1999 SP Authentic Edgerrin James Rookie Card /1999 #94 at high grades (i.e. PSA 10, BGS 9.5).
If you need advice in regards to buying an Edgerrin James rookie card please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edgerrin James Rookie Card Checklist
- 1999 Edgerrin James Premium Prime Time Rookies RC
- 1999 Bowman’s Best Edgerrin James RC
- 1999 Playoff Contenders Autograph RC #154
- 1999 Edgerrin James Elite Primary Color RC
- 1999 Playoff Contenders Rookie Auto Edgerrin James Finesse #154
- 1999 Skybox Premium Prime Time Edgerrin James AUTO RC #3
- 1999 Collector’s Edge Supreme Future Edgerrin James RC #SF05
- 1999 Upper Deck Edgerrin James Auto RC
- 1999 Stadium Club Terrell Davis /Edgerrin James RC Co-Signers Auto #C52
- 1999 Finest Future Finest Refractor Edgerrin James RC #FF7
- 1999 Edgerrin James Topps Chrome RC #145
Edgerrin James Rookie Card: Buyers Guide and Investment Outlook
Investment Rating: Buy (3.6 out of 5)
Ownership Disclosure: None
Best Neymar Rookie Card: 1999 SP Authentic Edgerrin James Rookie Card /1999 #94
Despite now being retired for over a decade, James’ list of individual NFL achievements is enough to ensure his name remains relevant in the NFL.
Couple this with his recent Hall of Fame induction, and he is a player that is not going anywhere despite no longer being involved in the pro game.
This all bodes well for his rookie card value, which should remain solid and maybe even grow a little over the years.