This post may contain eBay affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Christian McCaffrey’s rookie cards have yet to explode in value as his teams have been so bad. If McCaffrey can at some point lead the Panthers to a playoff experience his rookie cards should, at the minimum, double in value.
BUY CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY ROOKIE CARDS NOW ON EBAY
Christian McCaffrey (06/07/96) is a running back who plays for the Carolina Panthers.
He was the eighth pick in the 2017 NFL draft and went on to have a hell of a second season as he broke a variety of attacking records with his struggling side in 2018.
20 Tips to Maximizing Rookie Card Profits
Best Derek Jeter Rookie Card Investments
Ultimate Guide: How Much Should I Invest In Sports Cards?
Top 50 Michael Jordan Rookie Cards
Best Kevin Durant Rookie Cards
Christian McCaffrey Rookie Year Stats: 16 games | 435 rushing yards | 651 yards receiving | 7 total touchdowns
Best Christian McCaffrey Rookie Cards
Here’s the lowdown if you’re looking to invest in one of his rookie cards. The most expensive card is the National Treasures RPA while the top-rated card for everyday buyers is the Prizm.
2017 Panini Prizm RC #249
The base Prizm Christian McCaffrey rookie card is going to be the best option for the everyday card investor that doesn’t have a ton of cash to toss down on a McCaffrey rookie card.
Numbered #249 the card shows McCaffrey running with the football with a glazed-over look on his face that seems to say what in the world am I doing here.
His name (Christian McCaffrey) is centered at the bottom of the card along with the team name (Panthers).
2017 Panini National Treasures RPA RC /99 #181
Patches are generally a good investment, and McCaffrey’s are no different. This landscape card has an image of the player located on the left-hand side, with his autograph underneath.
Related: Why are National Treasure Cards so Expensive?
The patch itself takes up the right of the card, which has a blue and white background. It’s a clean card, and the reverse has a short write-up discussing a few of his record-breaking achievements. A mint version will go for at least $200, and it’ll only go up in price if he continues to be successful.
2017 Panini Contenders Rookie Ticket Auto RC #351
We love this card for football card investors who can afford to shell out a few extra bucks in regards to a McCaffrey rookie card.
The card is numbered #351 and shows Christian with the pigskin in his right hand while picking his way down the field.
His autograph is placed at the bottom of the card and the Contenders Rookie Ticket Logo is placed in the top right-hand corner.
2017 Immaculate Collection Collegiate RC Auto Patch /49 #118
The Immaculate Collection edition is another card that you should be able to find fairly easily. There’s a bunch of parallels that decreases the overall rarity, but that does make them easier to pick up for a good price.
Trending: Best Patrick Mahomes Rookie Cards
The base card features both a signature and a patch, while the back has information about McCaffrey’s grandfather, who set a 1956 world record in the 100-meter dash.
2017 Christian McCaffrey Panini Donruss Rated Rookie RC #168
This is a solid card for investors looking to spend a smaller sum of cash but still, get access to the McCaffrey game.
Baseball Card Fan? Best Mike Trout Rookie Card Investments
These cards can cost well under $100 or well over $100 pending the version.
- 2017 Panini Prizm Christian McCaffrey RC #249
- 2017 Panini Donruss Christian McCaffrey RC #168
- 2017 Panini Donruss Optic Christian McCaffrey RC #168
- 2017 Christian McCaffrey Rookie Card Score #272
- 2017 Immaculate Collection Collegiate Christian McCaffrey RC Auto Patch /49 #118
- 2017 Panini Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph Christian McCaffrey RC #351
- 2017 Panini National Treasures Patch Auto Christian McCaffrey RC /99 #181
- 2017 Impeccable Helmet/Glove/Patch Auto Christian McCaffreyRC #105
- 2017 Cert. Panini Mirror Gold Christian McCaffrey #205
- 2017 Contenders Optic ROY Superfractor
- 2017 Origins Red Rookie Jumbo Patch Auto /99 Christian McCaffrey RC #111
- 2017 Panini Select Tie-Dye Prizm Christian McCaffreyRC #74
- 2017 Panini Select Field Level Silver Prizm Christian McCaffrey RC #281
- 2017 Prestige Green Xtra Points Christian McCaffrey RC #215
- 2017 Panini Black Friday Christian McCaffrey RC #65
- 2017 Leaf Metal Draft Christian McCaffrey RC
- 2017 Panini Select Field Level Refractor SP Christian McCaffrey RC #281
- 2017 Certified Mirror Orange Christian McCaffrey RC /99 #205
- 2017 Leaf Rookie Year Printing Plate Yellow Plate Christian McCaffrey RC #01
- 2017 Panini Playoff Christian McCaffrey 1st Down Rookie /99 #211
- 2017 Donruss Optic Illusions Christian McCaffrey RC
- 2017 Panini Select Christian McCaffrey RC #74
- 2017 Leaf Prized Rookie Refractor SSP Christian McCaffrey RC
- 2017 Panini Select Silver Prizm Christian McCaffrey RC #155
- 2017 Crown Royale Christian McCaffrey RC #88
Christian McCaffrey Rookie Card Values
For the most part, the value of McCaffrey rookie cards should not see any huge spikes (up or down) over the upcoming years and should steadily rise as long as he keeps up the hustle.
Two items that could cause a spike are a Super Bowl Win or an NFL MVP.
If you have a Christian McCaffrey rookie card and would like an estimated value please email us at minimum two photos to email@example.com.
Check us out on Social Media at Facebook Gold Card Auctions and Twitter Gold Card Auctions.
Christian McCaffrey Rookie Card: Buyers Guide & Investment Outlook
Christian McCaffrey was already touted as a future star when he was drafted as the 8th first-round pick in 2017.
He went on to have an incredible second season despite the Panthers’ poor form, becoming one of the best offensive players in the NFL.
He broke their record for yards from scrimmage in a single season and looks likely to have another good year in 2020.
From an investment perspective, it’s a tough one. McCaffrey is one of the best running backs in the NFL, but his team tends to lose more often than not.
It’s reflected in the pricing of his rookie cards, which haven’t exploded as of yet but very well could with a playoff appearance lead by McCaffrey.