Anthony Davis (03/11/93) is a power forward/center who currently plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. The No.1 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Hornets Davis is a seven-time All-Star who also won gold with Team USA at the London Olympics.
Anthony Davis Rookie Year Stats: 64 games | 13.5 PPG | 8.2 TRB | 1.8 BLK | 1.2 STL | 1.0 AST
He is a Center/Power Forward and is a beast on the boards along with being dubbed by teammates as “a point-scoring machine” (in other words a team’s dream).
Top-Rated Investment: Best Kobe Bryant Rookie Cards
He left New Orleans in hopes of winning a ring with LeBron and in his first year with the Los Angeles Lakers (2019), he averaged 26.8 PPG and 9.4 TRB.
You can find him on Twitter at AntDavis23 and nicknames include Unibrow, The Brow, AD, Ant, and Phatman.
Top Three Anthony Davis Rookie Cards
Here are three of the best Anthony Davis rookie card options to look out for in regards to long term investment returns.
2012 Anthony Davis Panini Prizm Rookie Card #236 (buy on eBay)
A premium pick with lots of choice on offer, the Panini Prizm set has a range of parallel versions available, as well as autographed editions. They’re always popular with collectors, thanks to distinctive design and an action shot showing Davis ready to dunk. In terms of pricing, a PSA 10 (read PSA or BGS) graded base version recently went for $484.99 at auction. The quote on the back reads;
“It was quite a year for the former Kentucky star. After winning an NCAA title and becoming the No.1 overall selection in the 2012 NBA Draft, Davis helped Team USA take home the gold in the 2012 London Games. The 19-year-old made history, becoming the youngest gold medalist in USA Baseball history”.
Top Investment: Best 10 Zion Williamson Rookie Cards
The AD Prizm rookie card has the New Orleans Hornets Logo printed in the top left-hand corner while his name is plastered towards the center bottom… a great looking card and a great looking investment for many years to come.
2012 Anthony Davis Panini Immaculate RC Autographed Patch /99 #134 (buy on eBay)
The Panini Immaculate has several different image variations and includes both horizontal and vertical designs. The base is limited to just 99 copies, with the combination of an on-card signature and a player patch making it an exciting prospect for collectors. For example, an ungraded version recently drew 77 bids and a fee of $1,591.66. The quote on the reverse reads;
“Scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds against San Antonio in his NBA debut on Oct. 31, 2012… Attended Perspectives Charter High School in Chicago… Posted his first double-double as a pro with 23 points and 11 rebounds in a win at Charlotte on Nov. 9, 2012… No.1 pick in 2012 NBA Draft.”
Popular: Top-Rated James Harden Rookie Cards
2012 Anthony Davis Panini Contenders Auto RC #201 (buy on eBay)
Another stunning option with a distinctive design, the 2012 Panini Contenders has a signature on the bottom, although it’s not serial numbered. A PSA 10 sold for $416.30 after attracting 61 bids, so it’s comparable to the base Prizm card in terms of price and popularity. The quote reads;
“The Hornets have drafted two No. 1 picks in franchise history. They took Larry Johnson first in 1991, and he was the NBA Rookie of the Year. Davis was the top choice in 2012, and New Orleans hopes he can claim that award, too. He started strong with 21 points and seven rebounds in his debut vs. the Spurs’.
Anthony Davis Rookie Card Checklist
- 2012-13 Panini RC #241
- 2012-13 Panini Absolute RC #165 Autograph #/199 (Redemption)
- 2012-13 Panini Brilliance Anthony Davis Rookie Card #234
- 2012-13 Panini Contenders RC #201 Autograph
- 2012-13 Panini Crusade RC #88
- 2012-13 Panini Elite RC #252 #/599
- 2012-13 Panini Elite Series Anthony Davis RC #206 #/249
- 2012-13 Panini Flawless Anthony Davis Rookie Card #95 Diamond #/20
- 2012-13 Panini Gold Standard Anthony Davis RC #228 Autographed Jersey
- 2012-13 Panini Immaculate RC #134 Autographed Patch #/99
- 2012-13 Panini Innovation Anthony Davis RC #153 #/349
- 2012-13 Panini Intrigue RC #118 Autographed Jersey #/25
- 2012-13 Panini Limited RC #156 Autograph #/199
- 2012-13 Panini Marquee Anthony Davis RC #152 (Swirolorama), 232 (Black Holoboard), 312 (Laser Cut), 392 (Leather), 462 (PETG)
- 2012-13 Panini Momentum Anthony Davis RC #177
- 2012-13 Panini National Treasures Anthony Davis RC #151 Autographed Jersey #/199
- 2012-13 Panini NBA Hoops Anthony Davis RC #275
- 2012-13 Panini Past & Present RC #237
- 2012-13 Panini Preferred Anthony Davis RC #325 Autographed Jersey #/99 (Silhouettes), #407 Autograph #/25 (Crown), #507 Autograph #/25 (Panini’s Choice)
- 2012-13 Panini Prestige Anthony Davis RC #201
- 2012-13 Panini Prizm RC #236
- 2012-13 Panini Select Anthony Davis Rookie Card #152 Autograph #/149, #270 Autographed Jersey #/149
- 2012-13 Panini Signatures Rookies Anthony Davis RC #11-20 ( #/25)
- 2012-13 Panini Stickers Anthony Davis RC #241
- 2012-13 Panini Threads Anthony Davis RC #201 Autograph
- 2012-13 Panini Timeless Treasures Anthony Davis RC #154 Autograph #/188
- 2012-13 Panini Totally Certified Anthony Davis RC #29
- 2011-12 Panini Gold Standard Draft Pick Redemptions Anthony Davis #1
- Panini Limited Draft Pick Redemptions Anthony Davis #1
- Panini Past and Present Draft Pick Redemptions Anthony Davis #1
Anthony Davis Rookie Card Value
The value of Anthony David rookie cards could be in for a big rise in the short term if he and LeBron James can take care of business and bring an NBA Championship Trophy back to Los Angeles.
If you are on the brink of buying an Anthony Davis rookie card but are having second thoughts and need advice please email us at email@example.com for help.
Want an estimated value of your Anthony David rookie card? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 2 photos of the card in question.
Or you can always hit us up on the Gold Card Auctions Facebook Page… cheers!
Buyers Guide and Investment Outlook
Investment Rating: Buy (4.4)
Ownership Disclosure: None
Best Anthony Davis Rookie Card: 2012 Panini Prizm Rookie Card #236
Davis looked likely to be on his way to a 2020 NBA championship win with the Los Angeles Lakers before it was unceremoniously suspended. He still has a player option for the 2020-21 season, but he could end up being a free agent by the time it starts up again if rumors are to be believed.
It’s reported that Davis turned down a four-year, $146 million extension offer from Los Angeles in January, so much depends on where he ends up when the action is restarted.
Top Investment: Best Luka Doncic RCs
Regardless, he’s undoubtedly one of the NBA’s top players and it’s reflected in the average price of his rookie options across the board.
No matter where he ends up, Davis is likely to improve any team he signs for. From his trademarked unibrow to his current contract issues, he always makes headlines, but the 2017 NBA All-Star Game MVP is likely to be better off with LeBron James at his side.
With strong performances each year and no sign of slowing down, it seems likely that his rookie card prices will continue to rise each season. They’re already pricey as it is, but they could be an astute investment if you’re willing to wait for a few seasons, or even longer for his inevitable Hall of Fame spot.