With the second round of highly-rated rookies, the 2020-21 Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey collection is set to be released on March 10th, 2021. Upper Deck Young Guns have been around since the ’90s and are the best of the best when it comes to hockey RCs.
As well as a full checklist for the cards numbered 451-500, we’re also going to be looking at five potential Calder Memorial Trophy winners this season.
2020-21 Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns Checklist
There are 50 Young Guns in the 2020-21 Upper Deck Series 2 release. Here’s a checklist for each player:
- 451 Kirill Kaprizov, Minnesota Wild
- 452 Jalen Chatfield, Vancouver Canucks
- 453 Gilles Senn, New Jersey Devils
- 454 Gage Quinney, Vegas Golden Knights
- 455 Alexander Romanov, Montreal Canadiens
- 456 Ty Smith, New Jersey Devils
- 457 Mason Marchment, Florida Panthers
- 458 Ian Mitchell, Chicago Blackhawks
- 459 Jani Hakanpaa, Anaheim Ducks
- 460 Austin Poganski, St. Louis Blues
- 461 Ilya Sorokin, New York Islanders
- 462 Nils Hoglander, Vancouver Canucks
- 463 Nicolas Meloche, San Jose Sharks
- 464 Brandon Crawley, New York Rangers
- 465 Philippe Desrosiers, Florida Panthers
- 466 Jordan Gross, Arizona Coyotes
- 467 Calvin Thurkauf, Columbus Blue Jackets
- 468 Mathias Brome, Detroit Red Wings
- 469 K’Andre Miller, New York Rangers
- 470 Niko Mikkola, St. Louis Blues
- 471 MacKenzie Entwistle, Chicago Blackhawks
- 472 Anthony Angello, Pittsburgh Penguins
- 473 Chase Priskie, Florida Panthers
- 474 John Leonard, San Jose Sharks
- 475 Brian Pinho, Washington Capitals
- 476 Cal Foote, Tampa Bay Lightning
- 477 Keegan Kolesar, Vegas Golden Knights
- 478 Alec Regula, Chicago Blackhawks
- 479 William Lagesson, Edmonton Oilers
- 480 Matiss Kivlenieks, Columbus Blue Jackets
- 481 Cole Smith, Nashville Predators
- 482 Tim Stutzle, Ottawa Senators
- 483 Darren Raddysh, New York Rangers
- 484 Pius Suter, Chicago Blackhawks
- 485 Alexander Barabanov, Toronto Maple Leafs
- 486 Philippe Maillet, Washington Capitals
- 487 Maxim Letunov, San Jose Sharks
- 488 Alexander Yelesin, Calgary Flames
- 489 Yegor Sharangovich, New Jersey Devils
- 490 Lukas Vejdemo, Montreal Canadiens
- 491 Brandon Hagel, Chicago Blackhawks
- 492 Nikolai Knyzhov, San Jose Sharks
- 493 David Kase, Philadelphia Flyers
- 494 Steven Lorentz, Carolina Hurricanes
- 495 Dylan Cozens, Buffalo Sabres
- 496 Stuart Skinner, Edmonton Oilers
- 497 Kevin Lankinen, Chicago Blackhawks
- 498 Joel Kellman, San Jose Sharks
- 499 Brayden Burke, Arizona Coyotes
- 500 Tim Stutzle, Ottawa Senators / Dylan Cozens, Buffalo Sabres
The Best 2020-21 Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns Cards
Here are some of the top Young Guns cards to look out for in the upcoming UD Series 2 release.
2020 Kirill Kaprizov Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns #451 (Buy on eBay)
Kirill Kaprizov was seen as a decent player, but nothing special when he was picked up in the fifth round (135th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft by the Wild. That has all changed as of 2021, as he has been a relatively steady source of offense during his rookie season.
Top-Rated Investment: Wayne “The Great One” Gretzky RCs
His RC has to be one to watch, and he leads the Points by a Rookie table at the current time of writing. He’s a sure contender for the Calder Trophy this year.
2020 Ty Smith Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns #456 (Buy on eBay)
Next up is Ty Smith of the Jersey Devils. He was another late draft pick, coming in 17th overall in 2018. Smith kick-started his NHL career with a five-game point streak this season, with five of his six points coming at even strength.
He’s the current second-favorite to win the Calder Trophy, with only Kaprizov ahead according to bookmakers.
2020 Nils Hoglander Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns #462 (Buy on eBay)
Nils Hoglander was a second-round pick (40th overall) in 2019 and scored in his debut for the Vancouver Canucks this season.
The winger has been a focal point of their attack in recent weeks, although he is often the smallest player on the ice. Hoglander has shown consistency for an inconsistent side and looks to be a real talent.
2020 Pius Suter Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns #484 (Buy on eBay)
The highly-rated Pius Suter became the second player in the Blackhawks history to score each of his first three career NHL goals in the same game this season, a record which hasn’t been matched since Bill Kendall on Dec. 17, 1933.[irp posts=”14059″ name=”Patrick Kane Rookie Card – Top 3 Cards and Investment Advice”]
2020 Dylan Cozens Upper Deck Series 2 Young Guns #495 (Buy on eBay)
The last on our list of highly-rated rookies to get a 2020-21 Young Guns card, Dylan Cozens joined the Sabres as the No. 7 picks in the 2019 draft.
He was ranked as the top Canadian player by The Hockey News magazine at the time and went on to make his NHL debut in January 2021.[monsterinsights_popular_posts_inline]